Mobile Rules Support

• 25 August 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I saw that Rules is now support on the mobile app but I am only able to get Formatting rules to work, not Validation (my testing device is Windows Phone 8).

Using Forms 1.5.2 and Mobile 2.3.

Am I doing something wrong or are validation rules not supported?

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can you confirm you are using Nintex Forms 2013 2.3.1.0 at minimum? I would first compare what you have with the release notes But if it is all square, what control/value are you attempting to validate?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Though Validation Rules are in the release notes of 2.3.1, I found a good article on how to use validation rules. But it is noted in the article that:

Validation Rules were introduced in Nintex Forms released on 5th June 2014.

Nintex Forms 2013 v2.3.2.0

Nintex Forms 2010 v1.5.2.0

Badge +1

Hi,

I am using 2010 v1.5.2.

The scenario in the article you kindly provided is actually the case I was testing and it does not work.

The same outcome can also be achieved using flexitasks on normal forms - but again, setting an outcome to Comments = Required is ignored in the mobile client.

With either solution, the submit button is enabled despite Reject being chosen and comments being empty.

I am therefore confused as to the extent of the Rules support.

Thanks.

Badge +4

Hi,

Rules validation is not yet supported in Nintex Mobile.

IT's on our roadmap and will be coming soon.

Cheers,

Badge +1

Thanks for the clarification Vahid.

Badge +4

Hi Vincent van Steenderen

Validation Rules is already available in the latest version of Nintex Mobile.

Please make sure you have upgraded to the latest version of Nintex Mobile and if the issue still exists please lodge a support ticket attaching your form xml.

However before that, can you please let me know:

• What mobile platform(s) are you using?
  • Do you get a correlation id in the error message?
  • Does this happen when opening any form with validation rules or just a specific form?

Cheers,

Badge +4

Vincent van Steenderen

Strange. That should work fine with no issue. I just tried a simple form with the formula you've mentioned and it's all good.

The only thing I can think of is that there may be an issue with date time formating. Can you please let me know what language/region is your device set to?

It'd be great if you could send me your form xml too.

cheers,