Change Infopath view before uploading

• 3 September 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have an infopath integration process in which I perform many tasks on different views. When the process is complete I want to save the form in another library. I have this part working fine. What I would liek to do is to change the view of the form before I upload it. Is there an easy way to do that? I see a lot of references to server events and infopath view change events for K2.NET but is there somethign I can use for blackpoint?

5 replies

Badge +11

You can use the data manipulation event to do this.  Inside the XML for the integrated InfoPath form is a group element called _K2.  Inside of this group set the DocumentView field to the name of the view you want to display when it is opened.  Then set the SN field to blank.

Depending on how you designed your form in conjunction with the wizard, you may have to add an open rule in the form to switch to your view. 

Badge +1

Thanks DavidL.

I have a newbie question, how do I set the SN field to blank? when I use the data event wizard it requires me to give a value.

Badge +11
Sorry, didn't realize it required a value.  You could create a process field (or an environment variable) of type string that has no initial value.
Badge +1
Thanks for your help. This did the trick.
Badge +4

Thanks for this.

How do you disable the submit behaviour on this form after you upload it?

Why is it necessary to blank the SN field? (I just used a space and it seemed to work ok).