Set filter on My Worklist SharePoint Web part

• 19 September 2013
  • 13 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

we have a SharePoint site that contains a K2 process.

On the homepage is a K2 webpart that displays all the worklist items for the currently logged in user. The problem is is that it displays ALL worklist items for this user.

Q. Is it possible to configure the webpart to filter the worklist items per process by default?

E.g. I have 2 process, namely process 1 and process 2.

I have a site Site1 that is used for process 1 and another site Site2 that is used for process 2.

Can I configure the web part to only display the worklist items for the logged in user for process 1 only on Site1 and process 2 on Site2 only?

Regards,

Sam

13 replies

Badge +6

Yes, you can create filters. On the webpart in Site1, set FilterA as default and on Site2, set FilterB as default. Within each filter, you can specify to show the items specific to a workflow.

Badge +4

Thank you Sujeeth,

Would you be able to explain in a little more detail how to create and set these filters please?

I have had a look at the web part properties and also "K2 Site Settings" and am uable to set the filter

Sam

Badge +6

see attached images.

11634i7210C8D7E9626A97.png
Badge +6

webpart configuration

14767i21D1BBF9D159DB53.png
Badge +4

Sujeeth,

the group by definitely does help.

But is there a way to only display (filter) instances for one process by default for all users without having each individual user configure a filter on their worklist.

Cheers,

Sam

Badge +6

yes, look at the screenshot above. have a filter like processname="expenses"

Badge +4

But this requires each logged in user to create a filter.

We have several K2 processes. Each process has its own induvidual site in SharePoint. We want to display the worklist items for the process associated with this site only in the worklist on this site for the currently logged in user.

If one user creates a filter and sets it to default it does not automatically filter to this process for other users when they log in.

Badge +6

default filters on the worklist webpart are per server. If the page is set to Personal View, the user will only see their personal filters - the default filter plus any filters that were created when the page was in Personal View.  If the page is set to Shared View, then the shared filters from all users will see be displayed.

You must do the changes as site collection administrator so that it applies to everyone.

Badge +4

Thanks Sujeeth,

you have sorted everything for me!

Badge +4

Hi Sujeeth,

By any chance, do you know how to change dynamically a URL in the Smart-form Viewer webpart?

Thanks in advance.

Karina

Badge +6

The web part supports connection. use a text filter webpart to get the dynamic value that provides input connection to the viewer via SP connections.

Once you configure the parameter it will show up in the properties in the connection wizard. 

Badge +4

Thank you Sujeeth. Your idea was just awesome :)

I am using the Connections with a Configuration List that I populated on the fly.

Badge +7

Hi

how would the text webpart look like, so that I retrieve information to the K2 Worklist?