The base type 'SourceCode.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ProcessManagementDefaultPage' is not allowed for this page. The type is not registered as safe

• 6 April 2010
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I'm a newbie in using K2blackpoint.

I have some process deployed in development environment but I can't assign the rights permissions (admin, start, view, ...) to the users because I have an error when I try to use the "Process Rights" link in the K2 web home page.

I have the following error:

- The base type 'SourceCode.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ProcessManagementDefaultPage' is not allowed for this page. The type is not registered as safe

when I try to select one of the link I find in the "Process Management" section.

I can see the "Settings" link correctly.

Can anyone help me?

4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

have you  found a solution for your problem?

greetz

amanax

Badge

One of my colleagues has encountered this before and suggested to create a new “Management” site and check whether the Management Console still gives the same issue.

Badge +3

I'm seeing a similar issue with the K2 Process Portal for SharePoint 2010.  I can see the main process portal page, I can view reports, however when I try to access anything under the "Instance Management" or "Process Management" section I receive the type safe error listed in the initial post.

I have since tried to add the control in the safe controls section in the SharePoint web.config file as follows:

<

SafeControl Assembly="SourceCode.SharePoint.ApplicationPages, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d" Namespace="SourceCode.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.ProcessManagementDefaultPage" TypeName="*" Safe="True" SafeAgainstScript="False"

/>

I have five new entries with the Namespaces of: ProcessManagementDefaultPage; ProcessInstancesErrorPage; ProcessInstancesStoppedPage; ProcessInstancesActivePage; ProcessInstancesAllPage.  As these are the types that are returning issues depending on which link you select under the Instance and Process Management sections.

Any ideas with this?

Badge +3

Not ideal but it seemed deleting the site collection and recreating it worked.  i since checked the web.config file and the SafeControls listed weren't changed from how it was originally so it wasn't a case of having to list the safe controls stated in the error message.