cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Form does not expand with repeating section - Nintex Forms after updating to v2.3.4.0

Hi,

I'm using repeating section in one of my Nintex form, the repeating section gets hidden after 4 rows. I'm able to reproduce this in two server which are running on 2.3.4.0 but one of the server with 2.3.2.0 is working fine. There are other Nintex forms with repeating section in this site collection which are all working fine. I'm not sure what this particular form is missing, did anyone saw this issue? I'm able to reproduce this in all latest browsers.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Form does not expand with repeating section - Nintex Forms after updating to v2.3.4.0

Hi Kalyan,

Can you confirm if the repeating sections are nested within panels? I'm just curious as to the configuration of the repeating section.

Thank you,

Sean

Not applicable

Re: Form does not expand with repeating section - Nintex Forms after updating to v2.3.4.0

Hi Sean,

Thanks for looking into it. Yes repeating section is inside a panel and if i expand the panel it allows me to add few extra rows. In below image if i try to add one more row the add new link will go under panel (See image 2)

Not applicable

Hi Sean,

Also looking at the panel structure i realized that by default below is set to hidden instead of "Overflow: Visible". Do you know any place where we can set this property? Or i should do this in my CSS file?

0 Kudos
shahrzad
Nintex Newbie

Hi Kalyan,

I can't see this issue with last version with a simple test adding a repeating section in a panel. So I would say upgrade

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Do you have any custom JQuery or rendering any controls with JS where this is going on where this is happening?

Not applicable

Hi Mike, Yes I’m filling drop down inside the repeater section using JQUERY, I’m performing REST calls to external services to grab lookup values based on logged in user perfmissions. Do you think this is breaking this?

Problem is, its happing in live site and users already started using it, as a temporary fix I have used CSS to set div (i.e reperaters nf-filler-control-inner) style to overflow: visible. Which fixed the overlap issue.

I will try exporting it to other environments and see if I was able to find something.

DrewA
Nintex Newbie

Shahrzad,

I'm experiencing a similar issue, though my repeating section control is not in a panel. It is, however, overlapping the submit and cancel controls at the bottom of the form, i.e. the form is not expanding its vertical dimension to accommodate additional rows in the repeating section. Do you know if there is a version which addresses this problem? What number might it be so I can communicate this to my on-premise SharePoint farm admins? We are currently on version Version: 2.6.0.0

shahrzad
Nintex Newbie

Hi Drew,

Have you tried this in different browser in runtime? I don't expect to see the issue with this scenario. Could you please upload a simple form showing this issue so I can replicate it in my side and investigate it further.

DrewA
Nintex Newbie

Sharzhad, I believe upgrading to Forms ver 2.8.1.6 released in November has solved the issue. I validated in our QA environment. It will move to prod while I am at InspireX but hope to validate when I get back. thanks.

0 Kudos