cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Form amendment

Hi Guys,

i'm on Sharepoint/Nintex 2010

Is there a way to allow a user to amend the data on the form after it has been submitted?

Case scenario:

initiator submit a form for approval, instead of rejecting the item by the approver. The form will then be routed to the initiator for editing.

I've tried Request Review and Update Item but couldn't find the appropriate action for that

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Form amendment

Hi Danz,

Use a State Machine (Please review this great article from Emily Billing) If the Approver click Amend, update the security, sends a mail, give back access to the requester and return in your workflow just before the requester needs to take an action.

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Christophe,

I've read the article on state machine from Emily. But it did not show which action to use to allow the requester to amend the submitted form.

Below is my test workflow,

I'm trying to figure out which workflow action i should use or configure to allow the requester to amend the data of the form.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

There is not such action.

You need to use the action.

Your workflow seems OK.

What is your issue in fact?

Maybe you need to update the Status back to 'To Submit'

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

My question is.

How do i configure the workflow in such a way that the requester will be able to edit the submitted form.

I've tried a couple of actions like update item and request review, it does not have the function to allow the requester to amend the form.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Use the action Set item permissions

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi there,

If the form is in edit mode and the Sharepoint user has the right permissions, then they will be able to edit the fields.  Are you changing the permissions of the item anywhere within your workflow after the user initially submits the form?

-Mike

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You're nearly there it looks like.  After the approver routes the workflow back for update, you need to inform the user they need to make a change to the original form and have the workflow wait until they do.  The easiest way to accomplish this would be to add a task to your Update State (I like the Flexi-Task for most things, but a To-Do Task would do also).  In the notification provide a link to form for editing and probably the approvers' comments so they know what change needs to be made.  After they make the change have them mark the task as complete and flip it back to the Approval State.

Note: If you are going to let the approver ask for changes, generally make sure the comments field is required for that outcome so that we always capture the changes they want to see.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Another option (instead of Mark's) is instead of putting a link to the original item form, creating a form in your todo/request input task. Export the form from your list, import it into the action. Here you only leave the controls that could be reviewed when the user should review. This will only work though when you are saving the data of the fields to list columns and not in the list form itself.

And be aware that you should be managing two forms from that moment. Test yourself and keep in mind that you should design it as user friendly as possible for your end users. This way your save button also immediately triggers your workflow back again (instead of opening your mail, opening the item, editing the item, opening the task, finishing the task).

Goodluck!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks everybody for your input!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply