Destination rule question

Badge +6

I have a process that for each client event a smartobject records comments left in a memo field on the form. The comments then show for subsequent client events so that users can see previous comments made throughout the process. Up until I had to change the destination rule for one of the client events it was working perfectly. For the client event in question I have it set to All at once/ Create a slot for each destination / Resolve all roles and groups to users. The behavior is that for every person in a role, they have a task that has to be complete before the process continues. The problem is that the comment is only recorded for the first person that actions a task and none of the other comments in the particular client event are created. The create method for the comments is setup in a "When the submit button is clicked" rule in the Smartform and the list method for showing the comments uses the Process Instance ID. Since a slot is created for every user shouldnt the comments be created for every client event ? Im pretty sure this can work but Im not sure how to configure it.

Thanks

Dave

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

I have never used ur way for multiple users actions , but from what u r saying , its takin only first user , i dont know if the smartobject event is in the same activity of the smartform client event or if its seperated . but anyway , i do believe i have an alternative way that could help u when u have multiple users actioning .

instead of using smartobject server event inside the workflow as an activity , i could record their "memo" comments by actioning the smartform itself , on ur smartform rules , add a new rule to execute smartobject event , and use it to record the "memos" u need in this way am pretty sure it will record all actions from all users .

Hope it helps,

Regards.

Badge +6

Hi Ahmad,

I am actually using a rule in the Smartform to collect the comments. I use the create method. Part of the information collected is the Process Instance ID. I copied the way the Workflow Commment SO works. Ths SO ID is the key field and auto increments for each comment collected. So the ProcInstID is the same for all entries but the ID is unique. In this way I can return all the comments with just the ProcInstID each time the form initializes for each client event. The issue is that when there are multilpel users that are required to complete a task for my client event it only creates the comments from the first person that completes a task and for other users it does not, but it also doesnt throw and error. Im trying to figure out why this is so.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

Im actually wonderin  lets make a simple scenario .

activity A and B , A is sent to  5 users . do all users recieve the task ? and when the first user actions it , does it proceed to Activity B ? or does it wait for all 5 approvers to proceed to Activity B ?

If and only if it proceeds to activity B after the first action , then u will have problem in ur succeeding rule (Line rule) between Activity A and B .

it has to have something looks like "when all users approves = 5" ..

Regards.

Badge +6

Yes all users have the task and all users must complete the task. However in my configuration I have the outcome rule setup so that if 2 of the 5 select a particular outcome the activity can move on. This works in my current configuration as far as the desited behavior for that particular client event EXCEPT for the comments.

So are you saying that if I had a preceeding rule setup that it would act like a loop and possibly create a comment for each response at that point?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

No not really , having preceeding rule shouldnt change a thing , because u already got the right succeeding rule ..

one last thing we could check is the rules exection on the smartform .. try to recheck them or send a screen shot here so we could check them , probably ur forgetting something there or somehow the "execute smartobject method" is not executing on 2nd + person .

Regards.