cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Form Panels Display in Wrong Place

Jump to solution

I have two panels, we'll call them Series and SK, each with a formatting rule that hides them. The Series panel condition is: not(ProductNumberType=="Series Number") and the SK panel condition is: not(ProductNumberType=="SK Number"). Both panels, and the panels below them, are all contained on one large panel that contains the first tab of the whole form.

After hours of trial and error I have never been able to get both Series and SK to display correctly at the same time. Always, only one of them works and the other is displayed in the same place as what's supposed to be either above or below it. Both have been the one that worked, at some point. They are in all possible ways identical to each other. I have already tried:

• making sure everything is actually on the large panel
  • putting a grid square of space around all the panels, and between the panel borders and everything within them
  • changing the order of the rules

No matter what I do, only one of them ever displays correctly at a time.

Is the problem that the panels are only half the width of the form?

I've attached files showing the form in the design editor, and what the form looks like with Product Number Type having no selection, Series selected, and SK selected. I'm aware that the controls are currently touching each other - as noted earlier, making space around them didn't help.

P.S. The post creation UI isn't letting me attach more than one file. Please see below for additional files.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Form Panels Display in Wrong Place

Jump to solution

Series Selected

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

SK Selected

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Form Editor

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

idealy you design hierarchy should look like

• panel across whole form width
    • panel across (first) half of the form width
      • product name label
      • product name control
    • panel across (second) half of the form width
      • pruduct number label
      • product number radio
  • panel across whole form width
    • panel across (first) half of the form width
      • series product label
      • product name controls
    • panel across (second) half of the form width
      • SK pruduct label
      • SK product controls

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thank you emha, your suggestion makes complete sense. I have followed it, however sadly it has gotten worse. Both Product Number type panels are completely in the wrong places.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Series Selected

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Design Editor

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Is there anything else I can try emha? I've done something I saw you suggest to someone else, and put a different color border on each panel. With SK selected, the form looks like this (attached). The green is the full width panel and red is the half panel. In the editor the red panel is completely inside the green panel but on the form it seems to be partly outside of it. Also the green panel as you can see is three contols lower than it should be, and overlapping a text field.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Here is the area of the form in the previous reply, in the design editor. I added borders in the screenshot, to show the panels that are below the full width panel that the Series and SK half panels are on. The purple and orange ones are also formatted so that only one of them is displayed at any time.

I greatly appreciate any more ideas!

0 Kudos