cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Form Libraries and Nintex forms

We have close to 30 Form libraries having infopath forms and we would like to move to Nintex forms 2016. But as I have been reading Nintex forms aren't supported in form libraries. Is it so? And if yes what can be the workaround because we would really like to avoid re creating a custom list just for forms. Thank you

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Form Libraries and Nintex forms

Akdas -  One thing to keep in mind is that Nintex Forms in its simplest form are just a nice GUI for your list forms. Because Nintex is built on top of SharePoint and they are not built outside of a SharePoint list or library you will need to convert your form libraries into a custom list.

I have done this in a couple different places and what I do is create all my site columns and get the new form going and then use a Nintex workflow to copy the list metadata from the form library to the list because I have a 1-to-1 relationship because I have the same columns.

I don't believe there is any way around it.

Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Check out the Transitioning from InfoPath to Nintex whitepaper from Nintex for some good information and tips.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

As  stated above you won't  be able to eliminate a custom list completely, but  you can utilize content types, in which case if applicable  to your situation, you could have multiple forms on a single list.

PS:  Nintex Workflow and Forms is an awesome product and once you start using it  you might want to start creating custom lists...

Thanks,

Mike