Nintex Mobile - Automatically update form on devices

• 4 February 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +7

When I make a change to a form and then publish it, it seems like my end users need to know about this and make a manual update of the forms list.

How can I avoid this? It is important that the forms are updated on the devices - otherwise some users may still be using the old version, which could be dangerous.

Regards

Leif

7 replies

Badge +1

Hi Leif,

In the settings for the app there is an option which controls how often new items are downloaded.

I suspect the users have it set to manual.

On Windows Phone it looks like this, you can set it to download more regularly.

173438_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +7

Hi Liam,

That option is set to 15 minutes - however neither the new version of the form is used, nor are new items that may have been added to lookup lists included.

I suspect that "Download new items" is related to receiving new task items.

Can anybody confirm this?

Regards

Leif

Badge +7

Update: On Android the items in the lookup lists seem to be updated. On the iPad they are not :-(

On neither platforms is the updated form given to the user...

Badge +1

I've done a couple of test runs and the forms definitely update automatically to published changes based on the 'Download New Items' setting.

I'm not able to test on IOS or Android but I imagine the functionality is the same.

Might be worth creating a case for that one?

Badge +7

I suppose you testet on Windows Phone - since neither Android nor ios?

Sendt fra min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

Badge +1

Yes

Badge +4

Hi Please be advised this is not something that we support at this stage. At this stage a best practice would be to ensure all users are aware to refresh their Nintex Mobile App once logged in. This will ensure any new form updates are pushed through.

You may want to send feedback to our Mobile Product Team, this can be done via the UserVoice link here​ you can vote or create a new suggestion/feedback.

I hope this information helps.

Kind Regards,

Sophie Timu

Nintex Support