Hide Save button and ribbon when Status != "New"

• 12 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have a large form with many fields and controls on it.  Form needs to be read only after it has been submitted for approval.  List contains a Status field which defaults to New for new items and then is changed depending upon the approval process.

I thought the easiest way to prevent editing is to hide the save button.  However I have not been able to get the appearance expression to correctly hide the button.

All help is appreciated.   Thanks.  --Ron

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You can hide the Save button using an expression.  Go to the Control Settings of the Save button and expand the Appearance section.  Next select "Expression" from the Visible setting.  For the Expression setting, choose the Insert Reference button to the right of the field.  Next select "Is New Mode" from the Common tab and insert it into the formula. Save your settings and this should only display the Save button if a user is filling out a new form.

650i0198981C3177DA62.png

Badge +1

Thank you for your reply and help.  Unfortunately, I am trying to hide the button not on the form state, but on the value of a field.

I was able to formulate a work-a-round by going to the control settings for the button and in the Ribbon section, set Show On Ribbon to No.  I then moved the button to a panel and set a rule to hide the panel when the value of the Status field is not New.

I'm just curious why I couldn't get the Visible expression to work as desired.

I do appreciate the help.   --Ron

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what formula have you used?

I was able to hide both form button and ribbon button with formula like

1096i4BD371D6FB5E3F97.jpg