cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

For Each Action with Create Item or Web Request Action

I know what I'm doing is difficult however the network I'm running on it has to be this way. I have a RSS feed that I put into Query XML where I extract the RSS Item Link using XPath and then store into a collection variable.

Those links I would like to loop through them and either do a web request with the Get option for the entire webpage or store the URLs into a list and loop through them using the ListItemID. Is either method possible? I feel like it is its just that I'm overlooking a step and that is the reason it is failing.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: For Each Action with Create Item or Web Request Action

I don't really understand what you are trying to do.

What kind of link do you get from the rss feed ? Do you have an example ?

What do you try to get from the web request ?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Jeremy,

What you described sounds very doable - can you explain where you are currently going wrong with it or receiving an error?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I actually solved this problem. I used the collection variable inside a for loop. I was missing the index variable in the loop so it was not working properly. Once I did this it worked without errors. Basically I collect the RSS feeds then I use that information along with the web request to put a word document into a library that document is used for reports. Where on the intranet and have different RSS feeds that we want to put into a summary format in a word document.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Sounds good, please close out your question by marking your answer as correct.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply