Nintex form 2010 - Toolbar Grayed out in Google Chrome

• 17 August 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I have created a nintex form in IE. Since we use Google Email, all the links open Google Chrome.

The nintex form works fine in Test (Development environment) Environment but in Production, the toolbar is grayed out so users cannot click on edit button. Niether the scroll bars are working in Production environment.

Can you tell me why is this behavior in production?

7 replies

Badge +9

Which version of google chrome you are using? check this for the supported versions

Nintex Forms Supported Browsers

Badge +7

Good day Pankaj,

We have the same issue but I think it is because of how authorisations work in SharePoint 2010.  IE works fine with great integration for SharePoint.  In IE when you don't have authorisation to do certain things on a library or list the toolbars in the ribbon is also grey'd out.  So I think it is something to do with the Google Chrome integration for authorisations related to the SharePoint 2010.

When you run SharePoint 2013 there should be much better integration for the newer type browsers.  I have stopped trying to solve the Google chrome and Firefox with SP2010 issues.  I just tell my users to use IE.

Let me know if you find out anything more. 

Badge +3

We have the latest version

190073_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +3

Hi Francois, Thanks for your reply.

The issue is that in test environment it works great but not in production environment. I have literally same access in both test and production. It is exactly same form in Test and production.

Badge +7

Hi Pankaj,

Did you check to see if both test and production environments are added to the trusted sites and local intranet site on the Internet settings?

Badge +3

Hi Francois, yes all the intranet sites are added to trusted and local

intranet site in IE. I confirmed under Tools --> Internet Options

When you click on nintex form from email, the scrolls bar don't work as

well, it shows the bottom the of the form.

Badge +9

Have you verified the SharePoint version for test and prod if they are having same CU? According to this article Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 (white paper) – Le Bl…  you want SP1 in SharePoint 2010