cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Flexi task reminder until task completed

Jump to solution

How to configure the flexi task reminder to send reminder notifications until the task is completed. I'm confused since it asks to set number of reminders which i cannot tell exactly. I need to send reminders daily till task is completed.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Nintex Newbie

Re: Flexi task reminder until task completed

Jump to solution

If you set the reminder in this way, you 'll have 1 reminder per day

reminder.PNG

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

While I agree with Fernando, this is not something that you should try to use a product (technology) to fix.  That is a business process issue.  If you have a general idea of the time it takes for a task to complete, use that to set the number of reminders.  Otherwise, go get the users and simply have them complete their task on the first email.

Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi,

You could also utilise the escalation function to delegate the task as well. I would think that a user would fairly soon seek the initial assignee to complete the task in a timely manner if they consistently get escalated tasks. Partilcularly if it is escaleted to a supervisor. As Eric indicates, this is more of a business process issue.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue, but the approver wants a two reminders, one at 2 and another on 3 days.  Is that possible to schedule multiple reminders within one flexitask?  After the 2nd notification, it will be escalated to a manager!

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Using the flexi task, it is not possible but using the Request Approval task it is possible.

You should create a parallel action :

• In one branch, you can add a request approval action and in the configuration of the action, store the action ID in a variable of type action ID
  • In the other branch, you can add a Task reminder action and in the configuration of the action, populate the action ID variable you've just created and used in the request approval. You can set the number of reminder to 1 and the time to reminder to 2 day. Under the task reminder action you've added you can add another task reminder (populate the same action ID variable) and set it to send an email after 3 days (it will be 3 days after the first reminder has been sent). Under the second task reminder, you can add a Delegate workflow task action (populate the same action ID variable).

Take a look at this document : How to configure reminders and escalate a workflow using delegation

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hello

I am using FlexiTask for approval/rejection and also enabled the Reminder to send out an email
when the task gets no response after 10 minutes or after 1 hour or after 1 day.

However, it does not work at all.
No reminder is being sent out even though I been waiting for past 1 hr.

Any ideas ?!

This is the Workflow in Nintex and the FlexiTask is for the Finance Controlling team.

Reminder_Not_Working.JPG

This is the reminder set up within the FlexiTask

Reminder_Not_Working_1.JPG

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Using the flexi task, it is not possible but using the Request Approval task it is possible

why is this not possible using FlexiTask??
This is confusing because why the reminder option be available in FlexiTask if it not possible ?!

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Using the flexi task, it's only possible to send reminders at the same interval.

This means that if you configure the flexi task to send a reminder every day, it will send a reminder one day after the creation of the task and then a reminder every day.

Using the flexi task, it's not possible to send one reminder 2 days after the creation of the task and then 1 reminder every day after the first reminder has been sent.

Tell me if it's not clear.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

hmmm makes not much sense to me :* sorry.

My current workflow (FlexiTask) sends out an email to particular user when a form has been raised.
Now, my idea is to send out reminder to user(s) when he does not respond within lets say 6 hours.

For the testing purpose, I configured it only with 10 minutes.
but yet, no reminder is being sent after 10min.

why? what am I doing wrong?

what is the purpose of "number of reminder" ? to me it like "how many reminder you like to send out"

but then, if I say 2 number of reminders and 10minutes = does it mean it will send out 2 reminders in 10 minutes? lol

ahhh!! This is confusing.

All I want is to send a reminder when not responding within:

after - 3 hours (one reminder)
after - 1 day (one reminder)

Not possible then?

0 Kudos