Highlighted
Not applicable

Flexi task in a uda

Hello,

I have a new site created which has following things:

1. RequestList

2. A workflow

3. An UDA.

The UDA, which I have defined has flexi task which requires response from people. This UDA is called from the workflow. But the workflow is going in error when I am executing on an item of request list. The error comes at the place where Flexi task assignment is done:

Error in approval header.
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'WorkflowProgressID', table 'NW2010DB.dbo.HumanWorkflow'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.  The 'CreateHumanWorkflowInstance' procedure attempt

Labels: (1)
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Flexi task in a uda

Hi Ravi,

Did you ever figure this one out?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hello,

I figured this out by doing lot of permutations and combinations on action/task in the RequestList. One combination is working now.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

That's great, what sense does it make to post this response if you don't provide your solution Smiley Wink This is how the community grows,if you know something pass it along.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Setup was : Original WF had a flexi task and then at approve branch there would be a UDA, which if id had another flexi task inside - the WF would fail with the same Error in approval header. The only way for me to make it work was to export original WF, import it to the same list, create new flexi task inside WF (not UDA) instead of the one that was already there and move all controls from approve/reject branches to this new flexi task. Then UDA in approve branch of such flexi task started to work, as if "old" flexi taks (which was of course working properly) had been somehow corrupted and impacted flexi task inside UDA. So both of my flows look exactly the same right now, but old one with inputed UDA doesn't work, and new one which is the old one exported and with added new flexi task work. Ridiculous Smiley Wink 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply