cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Flexi Tasks are too SLOW, why?

Hello There

I am running a Flexi Tasks which assigns a task to a SharePoint group which has 10 members in it but the task takes too much time to assign the everyone, is this the NORMAL behavior of the NIntex workflows?

What happens if the users exceeds more than 10.

Please suggest or correct me if I am doing it in a wrong way.

Please find the attachment. As the solution is in production and the clients are already complaining so please help me ASAP.

Dilip

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Flexi Tasks are too SLOW, why?

how long is long?

also, do you need them to have individual tasks?  could you assign to a sharepoint group and control the behaviour of the task? 

I have to say I have never experienced this taking long enough to notice before.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Well, its now 3 days and there are still few tasks which are still in "NOT STARTED" and the assignment was actually to 38 people so still 9 requests/tasks are stuck at "NOT STARTED"...

Yes, they all are individual tasks as we need to track each individuals status.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

So are you saying the slowness is the workflow assigning the tasks or the people responding to them are taking too long? 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I am really sorry as I think this is kind of a technical website and I have posted to get some technical answers...

To make it clear, if the Task list(Workflow Task List) shows the status as "NOT STARTED" then you cant action on that Task until it changes to "IN PROGRESS" and my workflow assigns tasks to few people and the task has to be approved by all the approvers who were assigned but the task status is still "NOT STARTED" for few approvers which makes the whole process to wait for the status to be updated/changed to "IN PROGRESS".

I believe there is a timer job which has o update these bits but it isnt happening in my case, can anyone please let me know if they have come across this kind of issue and is there any easy fix for this?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Dilip,

normally every task that is created has the status "Not Started". This is the initial status for the task and this is the correct behaviour. The "In Progress" status is applied if it is either set manually or if the "%Complete" column is set manually to a value > 0 (which only works in regular tasks list and not in the workflow task list nintex creates I think).

So in my opinion your problem maybe that you cannot open/edit workflow tasks that are "not started" but the problem is not that the tasks are created  with that status. As mentioned before, this is the correct behaviour.

Regards

Philipp

p.s.: If you are aiming for "technical answers" I recommend to rather use the "Dev Talk" area than "Getting Started".

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

‌, this is a technical website as  may agree with me. However, to get the answers that you need you have to be real descriptive in the problems that you are experiencing. That will allow some of those who attempt to help you have more information to troubleshoot the problem. And I agree with  that for more advanced issues you place them under "Dev Talk". Also understand some issues like this could involve the farm which is hard to troubleshoot when users don't know anything about it.

No, this sort of slowness is not normal for Flexi -Tasks. I use them quite a bit. Did any of the solutions listed help you?

Accept as Solution Reply