How to get List Item Id url In Site Workflow

• 15 April 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +5

Hi EveryOne,

How to get list item id url in site workflow, we have the feature to get list item id url in list workflow, but we don't have the feature in site worklfow.

Could you please help me how get list item id url in Site level, That could be very help me full to me.

Regards,
Santhosh

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

in site workflow you have to use query list action in order to get some list items.

when you look at available fields in the action you will find 3 URL provided, hopefully one of them will suits you.

Badge +5

Hi Marian,

Thanks a lot for your reply. i'm not getting how to do, could you explain me details.

That could be very help to me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santhosh.

Badge +7

Hello Raj,

In your site workflow use Query List action where you can mention the list name from where you want to get the items. And you can filter these items too based on your requirement.

Use collection type variable to get the IDs of all items.

Loop through the collection variable (for each loop), get each ID into another variable. and here you can find the properties from which you can return the URL or

you will definitely have web url, list name, or list URL options.

So you can built the item url like: WebUrl/Lists/ListName/DispForm.aspx?ID=variableID

Badge +5

Hi Soni,

It's working . Awesome.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Santhosh.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes, that's a possible way as well, but I rather meant it to get it directly from query list action provided fields directly

the (possible) problem with a solution you suggested is that the list queried might be from another site. WebUrl refers to a site where workflow runs.

so you would built an incorrect URL in that case.

URL retrieved the way I suggest (ie. form item directly) needs to be tweaked to point to display form but that's only reliable way.

Badge +5

Hi Marian,

Thank you. It's working fine .

Regards,
Santhosh

Badge +5

How do you get it to point to the form? Mine saved an item to my desktop. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

the mentioned URL looks like <site URL>/Lists/<ListName>/<Item ID>_.<some digits>

so you have to customize it as mentioned above  to look like <site URL>/Lists/<ListName>/DispForm.aspx?ID=<Item ID>

Badge +5

I ended up doing that and it worked perfectly!