Bi-annual Reminders

• 2 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

Hi,

Here are my workflow requirements.

-On every SharePoint list item, I would like to check the "Status" field and if the Status field is "Open", then I would like to send a bi-annual reminders on a fixed dates like so:

-March 1st.

-September 1st.

Instead of sending seperate emails for each item, I would like to send one single email for all the items (if they are open) on those fixed dates. What is the best way to achieve this?

Please advise.

Thank you.

4 replies

Badge +10

You can create a site workflow , use query list to get the item based on the status. Create the email content looping through the item, if you want to specify the item in the email.

Schedule the workflow to run based on your requirement.

Badge +8

Hi Sojan,

Can you please explain the step below a little more? I have used for each before but I am not sure how to populate an item into an email from the result of for each:

Create the email content looping through the item, if you want to specify the item in the email.

thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

cvuppala‌ - 

Sojan Mathew‌ summed it up nicely. Here is a bit more detail in case you need some help. Depending on how you want to send the email will determine where you add the email notification action. If you want to send one email from the workflow, put it outside of the loop. If you want to send multiple (maybe you want to send to different users but only the items tha are specific to them), you will need to add it within your loop and loop through the different users too.

Here is the high level view:

• Create a site workflow
  • Add query action
    • Query your target list for all the items with [Status] = "Open"
    • Add them to a collection variable
  • Add for loop action
    • Loop through your collection to get the details you want/need
    • Add details to a Build string action
  • Add Email notification action
    • Add your details to the body of the email to be sent

Last step to do is schedule the workflow to kickoff. So something like this:

196249_pastedImage_1.png