I have been seeing this issue with my workflows. I create a workflow with multiple Flexi tasks. The workflow works properly and everything is fine. One day I open the workflow to make a change and one of the Flexi tasks is now a duplicate of the other one. The original Flexi task is gone and has been replaced with the second one. I have to rebuild the task and sometimes it happens again. I am ready to deploy and the users have performed UAT and now it is broke. HELP!!
I guess you have those task actions within state machine or perhaps a switch action.
if so, these kind of weird things may happen when you add/remove/rename(-ed) branches, and/or when you copy(-ed) actions between branches.
Yes, the task is part ofa state machine. The tasks were built one at a time because I ran into the copy issue before. I only updated the status in each of the tasks based on client feedback. When I published and went back in, they had changed. The only other thing I can think of is each flexitask has a unique nintex form.
What I found was I was moving too quickly and not letting the Flexi task populate all the information before clicking on the different options in the ribbon. I deleted the Flexi and start over taking my time and let the information populate. I havent had any trouble since