How to retrieve the k2Role onto 'To' textbox field of mail event

• 7 October 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +9
Hi all, im unable to retrieve/drag a k2 role onto To field of mail event. How to do that. Do i have any other option to implement the same.

5 replies

Badge +5
I believe there is a Service Object method available in the URM Service that allows you to get the users in a role.  It might return the email address (don't have K2 available right now to verify).  If so, you can build a SmartObject that consumes that service method.
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
As an alternative you can replace the role with an AD group and adding the group to the “to” field in the mail event. vernon
Badge +9
Hi, Thnx for the reply, Actually i dont have rights to create/change the AD group but i need to implement Roles only which is at k2 end. but i dont know why k2roles are unable to dragged onto 'To' textbox field. Is that a bug?
Badge +9

Hi all, this issue is resolved. We need to create a smartobject in which we need to add URM service which resolves Roles to users email then we can add the samrtobject method directly to the 'To' field of mail event.

Badge +3

Great, I was just about to post the same basic question. 

I am new to K2 and was wondering about the smart object this...where did you create your smart object?

Was is at the site collection ...?