Task Delegation

Badge +2

Hey Guys,

in some of our Workflows we defined that Workflow tasks cannot be delegated.

But, if a user setup to delegate all tasks in case of vacation, this tasks will be delegated.

The Problem is, that the new task owner cannot delegate the task back.

What can I do to prevent this?

Cheers

Daniel

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You could ask an administrator to make that delegation back

Badge +2

We use NW 2010 and in our environment we have this "problem".

I'm the admin and I have to delegate back all required tasks. So I am looking for a solution.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

What's the situation you want to delegate back? When the user ended his/her vacations?

Badge +2

The current Situation is, that the task should never be delegated to another person. Also not in case of vacation. That's why we deactivate the delegation checkbox in the task settings.

We are working in the pharma branch and in audits it looks very bad, if person A should read something and approve and some other had done this for him. So, on request (and there can be a lot of this) I have to delegate back all this tasks to the user the task was assigned first.

Badge +16

‌ did you find a resolution?

Badge +2

No, unfortunately not :-(

Badge +16

Maybe we can suggest this in user voice?!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Is there not a way in central admin to disable delegation? (I'm not an admin so I don't know the options)  

Badge +11

In our organization, when employees are on leave or travel they request me to delegate if they are out unexpectedly. I'm a site collection admin so I can do it for them.

Badge +2

yes, how can we do this? (I think the problem is, that the most people didn't understand what I want to have)

Badge +16

No I totally get it - need to look when I'm on my computer to get the actual link - will post it tomorrow x

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi, 

yes, as ‌ says, in Central Administration there is a settings to disable long-term delegation:

the screenshot below is from a SP2016 environment but I remember that a similar settings was available also on previous SP and Nintex version

Long Term Delegation

Badge +16

Correct me if I am wrong ‌ but here's how I understand your requirements:

• you do want your users to be able to use long term delegation
  • you do want certain approvals to be able to be delegated
  • but those where "allow delegation" is not ticked - you don't want those to be auto-delegated as part of long term delegation?
Badge +2

yes, that's exactly what I want :-)

Badge +16

Good happy.png I thought so and it seems perfectly reasonable to me.  if you have not allowed delegation then this process seems to be going over your head on that decision which is a little ridiculous to say the least!

https://nintex.uservoice.com/ is where you can search for ideas and vote them up.

I have posted your idea here:

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/229405-1-nintex-workflow-for-sharepoint/suggestions/18428662-long-term-delegation-to-not-over-ride-flexi-task-s

feel free to add votes to this.