Navigate to another Form Rule does not let me Choose a different form...

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

This is an odd one.

I have a form, which a user fills in and hit submit. After submit I want the user to be transferred to another Form with a Thank You message.

So i've knocked up another form, but in my thank text.

I then go back to my original form, and in the rules I have EVENT once Save AS PDF is complete do Action "Navigate to another Form".

I try to select my Thank You Form, and press OK, but nothing happens. If i select my original form that works!!!!!

Its as if it won't let me select my thank you form..... Anyone else know why?

9 replies

Badge +6

Hi Sharpharp1,

Have you tried adding a "Enable  the Form" or "Enable a subform" action so when the submit button is clicked the form/subform is enabled and then navigated too?

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +7

Hey Sharp,

Your process makes sense until I get to the "I try to select my Thank You Form, and press OK, but nothing happens. If i select my original form that works"

Do you have an Ok button on your Thank you form?  I'm not sure what you mean by select my original form and something works.  What is supposed to happen when you click the ok?

What I generally do is create a subview that willl pop up if a user clicks update or delete, that says "<form> # has been <something>".  I'll also put a close button on the view that when clicked it transitions back to the main solution portal.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Let me try and explain a bit better.

Form1 - the user fills in form and there is a submit button on the bottom

When the user clicks on the submit button, I want Form1 to dissappear and Form2 (Thank you form) to appear in its place.

But this is not happening, in the Form1 rules - ACTION when i pick Navigate to another form, i would have expected Form2 to be selectable, but it isn't.

Dave, there is nothing on Form2 other than some cheesy Thank you message

Badge +7

From your original post, it looks like your trying to transition to the other form after the PDF action is complete.  If that is true, there might be a timing issue with the rules.  I will test it out on my end. 

Straight transition from a submit button (on click), should navigate to the other form without issue.

Badge +7

Hey Sharp,

Unless I'm missing a step that your trying to compelte.  I did the following and it worked on my end:

1) Submit button - on click, fired a stored procedure then started the PDF capture

16153i139E8A87D5EB2B79.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Very similar to mine, except I have a Start a Workflow step  before I navigate to another form.

The strange thing is, it will let me select any other form, even from other projecrs, but refuses to let me select form2...

Bizarre....

Badge +7

Try disabling the workflow rule as a test.  That rule might be preventing the transition to the new form. 

I would consider just brining up a simple subview with a thank you on it.  Another thing that I've been experiementing with is dropping the "thank you" view onto your form and hiding it.  When they click on the submit, hide your main form and show the one that was hiding (a.k.a. thank you view).  Your rules will still fire in the back ground...it's just another way to work with the form/views.

13740iD2F7D612C61824E4.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Yep, thought about adding the thank you as a hidden view and then showing it when needed.

But believe it or not, I created a new form(3) and put the same message on it and everything, and now form1 lets me select it (without changing any of the existing rule actions.

Weird or what?

Anyway, its working now, thanks Dave!

Badge +7

Yea, you encounter some strange bugs.

Looks like the first troube shooting step you'll have to take in the future is to build a new view or form.  :)