Approve by Email (User Clicks Link 'Approve' - it opens new mail window)

• 29 September 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

Please see the screenshots below

Instead of Typing Approve, Our Director would prefer to click on link Approve in email (marked yellow in 1st screenshot) which opens a new Window (2nd screenshot)

i cannot find a way to do it, i also attached screenshot of my current email structure (the default k2)

11285i7E9C1F32434FABCD.png

2 replies

Badge +10

If you are using smartforms, then I think this can be achieved easily. Just create a form called "ApproveTask" (can be anything really) with a parameter called serial_number (can be anything really). Now when you send the director the email put a hyperlink to this form with the serial number of the task he is approving. 

So you would hide the actual url using a <a href > tag and show for example "click me".

When they click this link it will take them to a form. In the initialize rule of the form just call the built in rule called "action work list item" and then pass the serial number to this method. You can map it to any activity in the process because it all works via serial number I believe and the activity name does not matter. Then put another close form rule to close the browser automatically.

Another option would be t user smart actions that will let you director reply "approve" to the email. That involves a bit more work to setup than this method though.

Hope that helps. 

Badge +7

thank you, i will give it a try