Is there a way to keep the form area from auto-sizing? i.e. Add scrolling to a choice section

• 8 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +5

I have a request to make a checkbox section of a form a static size vs auto-expanding.  They would like this to happen because the amount of items that could be added would make the form itself fairly long. The idea layout would be fixed size areas for the checkbox sections with scrolling so the other options could be viewed. 

Or perhaps keep the form itself one size and force the checkbox sections to scroll? (Adding a VERTICAL scrolling bars to a checkbox choice panel)

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi,

Could you please share a picture of your form highlighting what portion you want to have a scroll?

Thanks,

Krishna.

Badge +5

Checkbox areas that needed to be scrollable.

The two sections (Incomplete and Incorrect information) will have about 20 - 30 items upon completion. The form is currently in InfoPath (which auto-scrolled) but needs to be in Nintex.

Badge +5

I tried turning off the "Resize at Runtime" to force scrolling but all that did was keep the options that did not fit from being visible.

Badge +5

See below: there will be other options (the items for now are Test..) so this form could be really long; hence wanting the scroll capability.  The items will not show in production unless I drag the panel to show them. I hope I am just missing a setting.

Badge +5

In the meantime I presented the view attached as a possible workaround.  It makes all of the options visible without making the form 3 miles long.  I used the control settings and to make the data display in several columns and widened the form.

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Please place the each check boxes section on a separate panel and set "Resize at runtime" to No to panel controls, a vertical scroll will be displayed for panel control.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Badge +5

I tried that option and I can not get the scrolls. I tried again since your post (screenshot) and it seems to just cut off the data and no scrolls.

I set the ADVANCED --> Resize at runtime to no for the control and reset the columns to 1.

I will try deleting and adding the control again. Thank you so much for your help.

Badge +5

THANK YOU!  Here is the final error on my end:

• I was not placing the control IN the panel control
  • Once I did the above I was resizing the control - once I just dragged the desired choice control over it worked as you described.

happy.png