Send documentset to repository

• 21 January 2016
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

When I use this action and set it to move the documentset, it does copy the set with the documents in there to the drop-off library.

However it does not delete the documentset from its original location.

When I try this action on a empty document set, then the document set is deleted.

Why does it not delete the documentset when there are documents inside?

Is there another way to move the documentset and all of the properties to the drop-off library?

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi Sjaak,

I'm definitely no pro on working with document sets, but how about you copy the document set and then delete it yourself with the delete item action? Since you are moving the docSet I'm sure you have some reference to it like the item ID, name or URL, which you can then use in the delete item action. Would that be applicable for you?

Best Regards

Philipp

Badge +11

Hi Sjaak,

As a workaround, could you try to iterate through the documents inside the documents set, delete them first and then delete the document set?

see this for reference: Iterate through documents in a Document Set | Brad’s Blatherskite Blog

Badge +11

Hi

were you able to resolve the issue? Please provide the resolution to help others on the community and mark appropriate response as correct answer.