Site workflow-Trigger two notifications

Badge +2

Trigger first notification to the users mentioned in the List2 against the respective technology, when “Planned UAT Date” for a record is due in 5 days and again trigger second notification to the users mentioned in the List2 against the respective technology, when “Planned UAT Date” for a record is due in 2 days.

There are two lists- List 1 –Contains planned Uat date, technology and some other fields

List2 -consists of technology corresponding different people

Technology     Notification Recipient

Oracle               Person1,person2,Person3

Java                          Person4,person1.

Attached the workflow i did in a document.only one round of mail is triggered.how to send the second notification ?should i create another workflow? Can this be done in more simple way?

Thanks in Advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Most of the time I add extra (calculated) hidden fields to the list where I calculate the reminder dates and have a scheduled workflow check each day if there are items where a reminder date = the current date. In your case it would run 2 queries, one for the Planned UAT Date - 5 and the other for Planned UAT Date - 2.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you could calculate as well the other date varDueby2days at the beginning and then extend first query list action to have filter like

planned date == varDueby5days  OR planned date == varDueby2days  

the rest of the workflow would remain the same.

you could as well save one query list action - one that populates vTechnology. you can get that data with first query list action along with ID.