K2 .Net 2003 and Sharepoint

• 14 December 2007
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I am new to K2. I have installed K2 and created a sample workflow and integrated it with Smart Forms its working fine.

Now I want to create a workflow which will send a en-mail whenever there is a document uploaded in SharePoint document library.

For these I have to follow these two steps

1.Create a workflow which will take the document as attachment and send an email

2. And use this workflow in sharepoint for a document library, and call this workflow whenever a new document is uploaded

I dont know how we can integrate workflows created in K2 .Net 2003 in sharepoint.

Can anyone suggest me how i can move ahead with this?

Thanks,

Abdul

6 replies

Badge +10
IN 2003 when you create a new process and use the SharePoint Process Wizzard it will write event handlers to the sharepoint document library as neccessary for you.  Give that a try and let us know how it goes.
Badge +9

The K2.net 2003 Help documentation walks though this.  This should be installed with K2.net Studio.  If you have access to the K2 portal, you can also view the topic here:

http://portal.k2workflow.com/help/k2.net%202003/WebHelp/SharePoint_Server/Creating_a_new_K2.net_SharePoint_Process.htm

hth.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

And one more note of something to watch for during setup, if you are working with MOSS 2007 and using the K2.net 2003 bits for Sharepoint you will have to go into Central Administration and enable Backward Compatable Event Handlers in MOSS to use the 2003 event triggers.

Scott

Badge +1

Hi all,

Thanks for your response. I forgot to mention that i am using MOSS 2007. I have enabled Backward Compatible Event Handlers option for my Web application and I have created a process in K2 Studio which starts an approval workflow. I have build and exported the process to K2 .Net 2003 Service Manager, the process exported successfully. Then i added a document in the  sharepoint document library, but i don't see any workflows started on uploading (I have designed workflow for insert event) the document. Is there is anyway where i can check what are the event handlers associated with my document library and how can i check my workflow is attached to the document library?

Abdul 

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Did the logged in user have rights to start the process? I can't remember but you may need to give start rights to the MOSS app pool account. Maybe someone else can chime in, but that is the first couple of things I'd check if you didn't get any errors and it was a case of the process not starting.

Also, you could run your K2 Server in console mode to see what actions were taking place on the server at the time you attempted to start the process via the document library insert event. If you see activity you would know that the process was at least trying to be started. if you don't see anything in your console, could be a matter of a configuration issue with the K2 2003 for MOSS bits on the Sharepoint server.

Badge +1

I am able to see the workflow process in K2.Net 2003 workspace. I will work further and post again the results i got.