Imported Form updated questions on my old saved forms

Badge +9

Hello,

I have a list where the forms were filled out by users. This form was currently updated by changing the verbiage. The issue is that the old saved forms now have the updated questions instead of the old questions. Is there a way to update the form without it affecting the old forms that are saved on this list?

Thanks!

Rency

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Rency,

Just to clarify few things here, i presume you are using Nintex Forms is that correct? if that the case then, by design the Nintex Forms are Content Type oriented and the Form XML file is saved on the hidden library NintexForms. So any update on the XML (i.e the Form) will affect old and new items.  It doesn't work as per instance. Please let me know if that what are you trying to achieve ..maybe if you give us an example to clear out?

Thanks,

Majid

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Rency,

If the changes are large enough to impact the backend of the data so that the form/front end no longer makes sense when viewing an item, you might consider creating a new list for the updated form content.  Just use templates to speed up the process.

-Mike

Badge +9

Hi Majid,

This is exactly what I am doing. When I make changes to the Nintex form, the forms that were already saved on that list also gets changed. I didn't know that was the case, but since the Form is tied to the list and not per item based that makes sense. Thank you happy.png

Badge +9

Hi Mike!

That is the idea that I came up with as well. Every time there is a change I am going to have to create a new list for every change which I am not looking forward to. However yes, the data will not make sense once a change is made, so I have no other option but to create multiple lists.

sad.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Rency,

There might be some options here - for one, you could implement Content Types to represent the different Forms/Data that you need to collect.  Then each form would be tied to the backing content type instead, and each would render accordingly. 

-Mike