Escalation email to only those who "open" worklist

• 29 September 2010
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

I have one activity that has multiple destination users but only one will take action, my destination users setting is like this:

Plan Per Destination - All at once

Number of slots to be created - 1

Resolve all roles and groups to users

so it means after one of those destination users "open" worklist, other destination users won't see worklist anymore, but escalation email still sent to all of them...

is there any configuration I missed? Or I have to write custom code in escalation mail code.

Any helps is very appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

How is the to field setup in the escalation mail? did you use ActivityInstanceDestUserEmail?

Vernon

Badge +3

Hi Vernon, thanks for your reply :)

and yes, I use "specify" mailTo and put ActivityInstanceDestUserEmail in escalation email configuration.

But it still send escalation email to all users because "no one" takes action but actually the one who already "open" the task is the only one that could take action...

I'm not sure about this but it seems worklist is still exist for all destination users but status of user who open worklist is "open" and others are "allocated" so K2 service sends mail to everyone.

Badge +6

you can try below approch.

1) write a code in Escalation wizar code behind to get user name who opened the task list

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/p/12270/35931.aspx

2) assign that user e-mail to TO field in Escalation wizar code behind.

Thanks

Jayaprakash N M

Badge +3

thanks for your reply, it's very useful. :)

so it seems we cannot just configure from UI :(

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

It think this would make a valid feature request. Please log a ticket with K2 to have the possibility investigated.