cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trent_S
Nintex Newbie

Extra DateTime control Form validation in Nintex for SharePoint 2019?

I have a 2010 form migrated to Nintex for SharePoint 2019.

In 2010, I was able to enter "24/12/19" in the control and saved, the form would accept it, translate it to "24/12/2019" and update the underlying list successfully.

The 2019 migrated form now fails with a validation error "Please enter a valid date." and will not save.

I have looked through the form validation settings in both the old and migrated versions and can find nothing different. Are there any new Nintex settings included in the 2019 version that would prevent this data format from being accepted?

In the library settings, I have found the "Standard" vs "Friendly" setting on the "Date and Time" SharePoint column, however, my understanding is that this only relates to display, not data input.

Any help in fixing this would be much appreciated.

Labels: (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Extra DateTime control Form validation in Nintex for SharePoint 2019?

Hi @Trent_S ,

When I am troubleshooting data validation in a form, I typically add a Calculated Value control that equals the control I am running the validation rule on.

If you do this, what is the value of the Date control? It may look something like 24/12/2019 00:00:0000.

You may also want to submit a ticket to Nintex Support through https://customer.nintex.com.

0 Kudos