Listview control on list with folders?

• 12 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

I have a listview control on my form.   The list being viewed has folders.   Anything that is in a folder is not showing in the control.   How can I get the items to show in the control that are in folders?

I have tried setting the view referenced by the control to not to show folders.   That did not help.   I also tried a CAML query but that didn't help either.

<Eq><FieldRef Name="ParentID"/><Value Type="Text">ID</Value></Eq><QueryOptions><ViewAttributes Scope='Recursive' /></QueryOptions>

I think the problem there is the listview control does not like the where clause and the QueryOptions need to be outside the where.

Any ideas on how to get this done?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I have a listview control on my form.   The list being viewed has folders.   Anything that is in a folder is not showing in the control.   How can I get the items to show in the control that are in folders?

but you should see folders itself and should be to navigate into it, shouldn't you?

or do you expect to get flat list of all the items regardless of which folder they are in?

Badge +8

But I don't see any folders.  That is the problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what platform/version are you on?

this is my experience on NF 2013 on-prem v2.11

214036_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +8

Got it working.   Not exactly sure what the issue was.