Update People field to CurrentUser when another field is selected

• 12 August 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I am an InfoPath person so I am used to using rules!

I have a field called "Current Status" which is a drop down list with "Approved" or "Rejected".

What I am trying to achieve is when a user selects the status, e.g. Approved, that the following field "User name (A people picker field) is updated with the Current User.

In the example below, I select "Approved" but then searched my name....I want the action of selecting "Approved" to populate the User field with the CurrentUser.

DefaultCurrentUser.PNG

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi Michel

people picker control can be set by javascript api, see People Picker Extensions - Nintex Forms from Emily Billing .

Assign a Custom validation function to the status control where you can check status and assign user to people picker control.

Kind regards

Manfred

Badge +4

unfortunately, I am not a java/vb developer....just a basic person trying to build a form, so I am not sure how or where to use this code, but thank you for pointing it out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately Nintex Form rules do not currently support the filling of other controls with data at this time.  However this seems to be a highly requested feature as you can see and vote for it on the User Voice forum at the following link: Use Nintex Form Rules to set the value of controls / list items without needing to use Java Script code. – Customer Feed…

Just a few quick tips to get around the situation might be to:

Fill in the text with the Current User - but only enable it by using a Nintex Form Rule, or set it visible by using a Nintex Form Rule - these are two operations that the rules do support.   Another option would be set the value in the workflow which you can check whether or not Approve has been selected.

Thanks

-Mike