Customizing system email notifications

• 5 January 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge

I want to be able to customize the information that I receive in the error email notifications from my Nintex WF. 

I currently do not get enough information regarding the error or the cancellation which in turns require me to spend hrs researching the issue.

Help!

Thanks

D

2 replies

Badge +6

Some action allow you to catch errors ("Error handling").

I suggest you to use this and save information you would like to see with the using of "Log in history list".

Badge +5

Darlen, if you visit the Site Collection Settings page, under Nintex Workflow there should be a Message Templates option. This appears to be geared more for task-related email alerts than error alerts, so not sure if this will help.

For error alerts, Thomas was on the right track. It's good practice to use Condition statement regularly in your workflow to check for expected results - especially those that provide variable content needed for down-the-line actions. You can do this by testing the error variables for actions that provide error output, or by testing the content of variables - to be certain the results are valid. In cases where they are not valid, you can send an alert (email notification) to one or more administrators that can address the issue, then exit the workflow so that it terminates cleanly.

Any errors that are not trapped in this way will cause the workflow to terminate and wait in an errored state until someone manually comes in and terminates the workflow. This errored state will also prevent the workflow from running again until it is terminated.

hope this helps.

Gerard