cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Escalation Timer Begins when Task is created or Reminder Timers finish (Flexi)?

Hello,

I have an easy one here, that I'm sure someone could answer and earn post-points rather quickly... Within the Flexi Task, I'm trying to determine what to set my Escalation timer to when also using Reminders. I'm unclear if the Escalation time starts AFTER the last reminder concludes, or if the Escalation timer is based on when the task was created.

Example, reminders at days 10 and 20, escalate at day 24. Should my escalate timer be 4 or 24?

Thanks for the help!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Escalation Timer Begins when Task is created or Reminder Timers finish (Flexi)?

They are no dependent. Your escalate timer must be 24.

So as to make your tests use times set on hours

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: Escalation Timer Begins when Task is created or Reminder Timers finish (Flexi)?

Hi Thomas,

I thought that the escalate timer depended on the time the task had been created. But, once I implemented my flexitask, I realized that this was not the behaviour expected.

The escalation action is implemented  the days "defined" AFTER the last reminder.

So, based on my experience, I think that in your case you should set 4 in the escalate timer.

Regards

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I just stumbled across this post as I was experiencing the same issue.  I then found this which states that the escalation timer starts AFTER the last reminder is sent.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply