Installing new languages in customized production environment

• 19 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I'm struggling with the idea of installing the Nintex Workflow 2013 international on a heavily customized production environment.

Has anyone ever added language resources to Nintex without installing the international version?

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Diogo,

I'd always prefer the international Version of Nintex before any custom language resources as international version also adds custom mail templates for all notifications (default approval, workflow errors, lazy approval and so on) which would be lots of work to implement.

Which customization do you think might interfere with international version of Nintex products? I've seen a lot of customized environments together with Nintex international products and it's working fine.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Hi Enrico,

I'm not really sure what the installation of the international version will change, and that's what scares me.

We have multiple SharePoint solutions deployed, custom master pages, personalized security, among other things.

I was hoping to be able to get the international version resources so I could add by hand...

Best regards,

Diogo Fernandes

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Diogo,

basically the international version adds a lot of resource files but there is also some logic that will allow you to have different message templates for each installed language and stuff.

I don't know your customizations but we are customizing SharePoint sites since 2003 for our customers and also install Nintex products since 2009 and I never saw a customization interfere with Nintex features (as long as the customization doesn't address compontents of Nintex itself).

If you're in doubt you should deploy the international version to a staging environment first and deploy a test license there. There you can evaluate all customizations.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Thank you for the feedback, Enrico!

Best regards,

Diogo

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

You're welcome!