Date Time filter in smart form/View.

Badge +1

Hi,

I have to achive below scenario

There is list view which displays readonly data. In the data there is field Log_On which contains DateTime values.

On view i want to provide date time filter where user will select from_date and to_date and clickt on button "Get details" which will display data as per date filter.

When form/view loads it display by default 2 days records.

1) How can i put required filed validation on datatime control. (like user has to select both from and to date)

2) How to pass parameters to Sql server Stored procedure. As for firts time from and to date will empty

Any example on same will be help full to understand the code.

Thanks, Prashant.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi

Please confirm if you are only using the List View to view the data or are you using the List view to add the data as wellor are you using a different view for the input of the data records?

On what view should the user specify the From and To date from?

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi Raymond,

The user will not enter anything, I simply want to display the current Date and the Time when a user clicks the SAVE button on the View/form

The Date and time do not need to be saved anywhere, it is so that I can show a timestamp on the screen. I then use the PDF control to save everything on the form which should also capture the Timestamp info.

I tried the expression builder within the Data Label control and used system variable Time for example, but it displays the Time as: 11:42:06Z. Where is the Z coming from? If I choose Date variable it says: 2014-05-29 23:00:00Z (why is it showing Time as well, but more importantly, the date and time are wrong, I ran that JUST NOW!!!?)

Hope that make sense