List Lookup in WF task form, containing people, for assigning task

• 12 January 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

So I'm stuck with a problem for couple of days now.

I want list of people to be displayed in 'list lookup' control in task form and form that selection of people it should assign task and send notification.

I made a custom list lookup column in 'workflow task' list which links to 'names' field from an employee list.

and I'm send the list of people from 'query list' control to the workflow task form through 'list variable'.

well this is what i've been trying but cant get it done. can someone help me out with it.

thanks a lot any response.

EDIT:

I found this article on InfoPath forms.

http://dataqueen.unlimitedviz.com/2012/03/dynamically-filter-a-drop-down-on-your-sharepoint-list-by-another-user-selecte…

This is exactly I need to do with Nintex workflow task form.

is it possible?

Message was edited by: Kundan Kumar

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

If I've well understood, you assign a task.

In this task form, you want to display a list lookup to display a list of users.

Is that correct ? If so, in this task form, do you want the user to be able to select one or multiple users from this list lookup ?

Then do you want the workflow to assign another task to the selected users in the first task?

Badge +2

Hi... Yes... it's an assign task (for manager) form where there is gonna be a lookup control to custom assign people of different functional areas. Now, i can query those 'people' based on specific functional areas from a query list control but thats not of any used if i cant use it to store those selected people in task list column.

Right now i've to settle by showing all (unfiltered) list of employees and get few selected. Is there a workaround for this? or some right way

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Maybe you can connect the list lookup control (where users can be selected) to a workflow variable. When the task is completed, your workflow will continue and you will directly have the selected users in a workflow variable to then be able to assign a task to them.

Badge +2

Yes... Thanks Caroline. apparently I will have to use collection variables for multiple person lookup. store my query result in these collection and then pass it on to nintex task form.

i'll update this post when I have that working for me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Great!

Thanks for posting your feedback here.

Just tell me if you have other issues