cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Error message when saving workflow

Hi there,

I've got an issue when saving workflows..

When I save a workflow for the first time, it produces the following error as an alert.

"soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. ---> The URL 'NintexWorkflows/<workflowname>' is invalid.It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web. ---> The URL 'NintexWorkflows/<workflowname>' is invalid.It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web."

The screenshot below taken when trying to create a workflow called "Test123"

01 Save.png

This results in an empty directory with the workflow name being created in the hidden "NintexWorkflows" library of the same site, which results in a different type of error each additional time a workflow is attempted to be saved. I can remove this empty directory and the original error appears again.

The workflows I am trying now are completely empty. i.e. open a list/library, create new nintex workflow, save.

I did recreate this Web Application by deleting it and restoring a backup from another server. Unsure whether that would be an issue.

Can anybody help? I need to produce a number of workflows very soon.

Regards,

Michael

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error message when saving workflow

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks for the response Manfred.

The temp directory does exist for the Application Pool account, and Nintex Workflow has been activated on all Web Applications. Also, I've activated Nintex Live as that sounds like a common issue.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I should add that this issue preventing workflows from saving affects any web with Nintex Workflow feature enabled.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Michael,

Have you tried creating a new web app, deploying and activating it there to see if a clean start gets you going?

I've seen that issue before, but it was resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling Nintex.  Something seemed a little buggy on the first install.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks Eric.

It seems that it was due to a buggy Web Application. I'm unsure what exactly caused it though.

The Web Application on this server was a restored back up from another environment. I repeated the process on a third environment and it was fine.

Currently doubting that it was due to Nintex at all because SharePoint Designer workflows also had similar errors on save.

I've moved past this for now.

Thanks for responding.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Same error today in our test system caused by: transaction log was full!

Check on SP-Server in admin shell with:

Test-SPSite https://<site-url>

0 Kudos