Need Help With Lookup in an Editable List

• 10 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hello All. I am trying to use a lookup control in an editable list and using the following link I am able to get it functioning.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/1.0.6/default.htm#Using_a_SmartObject_Lookup.html

It works great for a single Item view control, but I am struggling to get the display value to show the description rather than the ID value when the editable list view loads as well as after I commit the record in the editable list. 

For exmple, when I click on the Lookup it loads my subview and I select the value which in turn sets the display with the description as well as stores the ID in my table as I want when clicking the Save button. However, after clicking the Save button it shows the ID still rather than description. 

Can someone help point me in the right direction to work with the applicable rules/behavior to get this to work? I have tried several things and am struggling with it.

Thanks for your help!

Steve

3 replies

Badge +8

Steven,

You can configure the display of the look up control. The way you do this is to look in the control properties and find the Data Source property.

Click OK then save and finish. 

This should correct the display issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +4

BryanPeters,

Thank you so much for responding. I dont think my post was as clear as it should be. The issue I was struggling with wasnt so much the value/display of the Lookup control as that seemed to be fine. The issue was the behavior of the form once no longer using the lookup. For example once I committed the record it was changing the Display field (INT_NAME) back to the Value field(INT_EMERSON_ID) or when the form/view was loading first time going into the page, it was showing the value instead of the name. The value was stored in my table but I couldnt figure out how to use the name in my display outside the use of the Lookup control. Anyways, I think was over thinking it. I ended up having the INT_NAME be both the Display and value, but also including the value I really needed stored in my table (INT_EMERSON_ID) hidden within my view that I also transferred the data field into on the intialize of the view. Sorry for the newbie question! Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I am not sure but can you try converting the column to lookup/picker control?