cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error in workflow

Jump to solution

Dear Team,

I am getting following error while accessing site collection level reusable workflow in sub sites.

Error :

Failed to query list data. List does not exist.

The page you selected contains a list that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.

Description :

I have created work flow at site collection level in which i have query list from the same site.

and  i had called this work flow in my sub site. but query list part is not working because of access of list from different site. please help me how can i achieve this , i am struggling since long back.

Regards,

Vijay Shinde 

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Error in workflow

Jump to solution

You could use a web service to do the query, this way you will have control over the URL and List name to perform the query the same for each site.

But first, The list you want to query, is it in one location, or same list name and is on each sub site? That will make the difference on how to get data. If it is one list on one site, you can possibly still use the Query List action. Just switch to CAML editor, select Alternative site, provide a URL in the Site URL field (can be a reference). Then supply the query CAML. If you are editing from the site collection, and the list is at the root, then configure the action first in Query Builder mode and select the list, then switch to CAML editor and provide an alternative site.

Let us know if this helps.

Not applicable

Re: Error in workflow

Jump to solution

Thank you andrew it's working when i am defining column as site column and associating with workflow.