cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error in task.  Unauthorized attempt to update workflow

I've got a workflow that assigns an approval task to a manager.  After approval the workflow creates a SharePoint site.  Out of about 100 successful workflows 2 have erred out with this error message "Error in task. Unauthorized attempt to update workflow task by i:0#.w|. The response has not been recorded".  In the workflow history, it shows that the manager approved the task and then the very next line show the error message above.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Error in task. Unauthorized attempt to update workflow

We were able to resolve this issue by upgrading from Nintex 3.1.1 to Nintex 3.1.6

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Error in task.  Unauthorized attempt to update workflow

Hey Matthew - Were you able to resolve this issue. We just started experiencing this.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Matthew,

It looks to me like the way the workflow is handling the approvers account may be an issue.

A couple of questions... the approver(s) that errored; did they ever successfully approve a site creation in this workflow? If not, are you able to repeat the failure with their accounts AND repeat a success with another account that has succeeded in the past?

Also, turn on verbose logging and see what their account name looks like when the account is passed into the task or flexi task.

Regards,

Patrick Kelligan

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi ‌,

Di you ever resolve this? If so, what was the issue for the benefit of others that have the same issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Matthew‌, I'm also experiencing this. And although terminating the task and starting it again resolves the issue (yes, the approver for whom the workflow failed now successfully approved the task), I would like to:

1. know what (may) cause this and
  2. if available, what the structural solution would be

Although the workaround works, its users will get annoyed....

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Maybe this helps. I tried now to deactivate the Incoming Mail Service on my App Server which doesn't serve users anyway and Web Server role is just running for search. I hope this prevents that incoming mails get to the wrong direction as described here:

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply