cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Error in Task. Unauthorized attempt to update workflow task. The response has not been recorded.

Hi,

I have been looking over the forum for a solid answer on this and have not come across one yet. We are seeing this error occur sporadically on one of our SharePoint lists. All of the users have contribute access to the site as well.

Would someone be able to assist with this?

Thanks!

Greg

Labels: (1)
21 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Error in Task. Unauthorized attempt to update workflow task. The response has not been recorded.

Hey Greg, the first thing I would normally check is that the Workflow Task list that the workflow is associated to is inheriting permissions to the site. Also to the History list on the site

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Error in Task. Unauthorized attempt to update workflow task. The response has not been recorded.

We are also seeing the same issues with workflow's, where the list has broken permission and we have upgraded the visitors read permissions to contribute, and receiving nearly the same error as Greg's team. I have done lots of TS, removed forms, re - created lists, re-created wf, made a list with just a title and a Nintex WF, used our test account and same results. What did work was creating the WF in SP designer, completed without error. Help Nintex!!!!

Retrying last request. Next attempt scheduled in less than one minute. Details of last request: HTTP Unauthorized to GUID information was here

Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.

Thanks,

Dottie

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hey Andrew - The same user will have the workflow run successfully and then the next time they run it it fails. Then the third time they run it it works fine. It's sporadic for each associate, not just sporadic to a limited number of associates.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

We are also seeing another error with them stating "Failed to report workflow progress. Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.WorkflowProgress'.'PK_WorkflowProgress' in database 'NW2010DB' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the file"

Thoughts?

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Seems to be a disk space problem on your sql server.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hey Fernando - Thanks for the reply. Wish I had access to that (give me a problem with limited access to the site / server.....), went ahead and forwarded on to our software engineer.

Still looking into main issue though.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

We are Office 365, and SP Designer workflow works on the same list, can't be a SQL issue.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Let us know what you learn, Greg Baker​, thanks!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hey Dorothy Verspeek​, the SQL issue was a separate error from the main one. Still trying to figure that one out.

Accept as Solution Reply