cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Error from Permissions.AddPermission method

Hi there,

We're trying to use this method in the "call web service" action to assign permission to a list. 

However we stuck at the format or the value of the input "permissionMask(int)"

The error we got is as following:

Does anyone know the correct format or value (e.g of "Edit" permission) to use?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Lingji

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Error from Permissions.AddPermission method

I found this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.sharepoint.spbasepermissions?view=sharepoint-s... which gives all of the permission values

Looks like you were close, Edit Item is 4

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your reply. I made a typo in the screen shot. Certainly I've been to the permission values list. And indeed tried most of the values listed, including 4, but none of them worked.

What confused me more is that this permission list doesn't seem to be the permission levels assigned to sp groups, e.g." contribute, Full control, Read, etc. It's more like detailed permissions of each permission level. I'm not sure how this should work via the web service.

Do you have more views on this?

Thanks for considering my question.

Lingji

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

OK, Ive delved a bit deeper - this should have the info you need, it lists the roles and the mask values for each https://www.hezser.de/blog/2008/03/29/permissions-webservice-and-the-mask-attribute/ - Im assuming the values haven't changed since SP2007

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I've found this, too. But the values are not correct. I am a bit surprised that there is no documentation from microsoft explaining which values should be used as the permissionMask.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply