cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error converting document. Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Jump to solution

I get this error when using the Update Document action. My SharePoint 2013 onPrem Word Automation Services Web Application is created and working.

For source URL I have hard coded the URL to a .docx document in a document library.

The document has a single content control which I am referencing and populating with a list item variable.

The Output URL is a variable that points the what I want the document to be called in a document library. I generate the variable value using a Build String action. However, I still get this error when when I hard code the name of the file for the output URL.

This should work but I get the error: Error converting document. Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error converting document. Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

So your URLs are formatted correctly - as in "http://Server/Site/List/Title.docx"? There are no invalid characters used in the document title - such as & or ' etc ?

Cheers,

Mark

View solution in original post

gman
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error converting document. Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Jump to solution

Steven,

When using the Convert Document Nintex action - which is based on Word Automation Services - you have to use encoded URLs and encoded Filenames. The Name field for items is not encoded - meaning it doesn't substitute spaces " " with "%20" - which you would see if you hovered over a documents link or icon in a list. Unless there is a hidden encoded name field I'm not aware of, you can use the Encoded Absolute URL for the item. It includes the full URL path, filename, and extension: http://my.domain.com/Shared%20Documents/my%20document.docx

Hope this helps.

Gerard

0 Kudos
furstlars
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Can relative URLs be used?

0 Kudos