Form column not always saving

• 3 October 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have a form with numerous cascading columns. When filling out the form all columns and column choices show correctly. 7/10 times the Grade column saves correctly. But 3/10 times it doesn't save to the list or show when you view the Form. However, when I go to Edit the Form, the selected Grade does show.

192879_pastedImage_2.png

192878_pastedImage_1.png

Any ideas? When the item saves it sets off a workflow to create a document so I don't see how I can do a Save part way through.

Thanks,

Lexie

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you have configured views on lookup control?

do you set/change lookup controls from javascript?

any errors on developer console?

Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The column I’m having problems with is looking at the All Items default view. And there are no errors.

Is there anything you can do in Forms that is like the Commit Pending Changes action in Workflows?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what forms version are you on? there were addressed several lookup control bugs, one of them related to usage of views.

there is no commit pending changes action in forms.

there is just save (without submit) and save&submit functionality.

can you describe what are you looking for?

Badge +11

I think you need to add some Logging to History actions added to help with troubleshooting. Can you add a screenshot of your workflow so we can see what is happening?

Badge +4

The solution ended up being to change the columns to Look Up columns. Look Up columns used to create issues, which is why I was using cascading columns but they are working now. No idea why.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Lexie