I have created a form with start and end date binded fields. I want to use the form as part of a holiday leave request app.
Therefore I have uploaded an Excel Spread sheet that is using the -=NETWORKDAYS fx to omit weekends and chosen holidays. I have set the date column (A3) and (B3) in the excel spreadsheet to short date (08/05/2015) and the result field (f5) to number.
In my SharePoint list I'm using a date and time column type for start and end date columns, with only date chosen (no time)
I've uploaded the excel spreadsheet to a document library called "Excel".
To note, I am doing this on a Nintex trial site. Both the site collection and site feature for excel services has been activated.
In my workflow on the list I have added a Query Excel function as configured below:
I hit run now and test the connection and result turns OK for connection, but when I put the two dates in for cells A3 and B3 respectively and click execute it returns an error, see below:
My Excel Spreadsheet:
Solved! Go to Solution.
The first thing I prioritize to check is the SharePoint Excel Services. This it is up and running and allowing all users to access. Try to access as an account not system, and not only site collection admin, but possibly a full control user at first. Sometimes SharePoint can be confused on your permissions and lock you out of things by being system (because this user has no real context), or site collection admin ONLY (because you really don't have a web level context), therefor SharePoint gives you restricted access. I've run into that over and over again for application services (such as Exel Services).
But the faster things you can do to check on this issue is to configure the error handling for the action and output the error into history. Then publish the workflow and run it, then check the history. It should provide more details for you. Otherwise you can getting a generic issue from SharePoint, and in that case you will need to review the ULS logs at the time of execution.
Hi, I have a similar configuration in a Nintex 2016 workflow under SharePoint 2016.
The error message reported by the Query Excel Services action is "Error querying Excel Services. Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
I do not have admin privileges on my site collection so I am not able to confirm whether Excel services is configured correctly, but I was hoping there might be something else I can do on my end to troubleshoot.