Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error Publishing Nintex Workflow

Jump to solution

Hello,

we have the following issue:

1. Hit Publish while editing a globally reusable site collection workflow

2. Error with this messageerror1.JPG

Translation: 'Server was unable to process request -> failed to publish workflow: <error> compileError line=0 column=0text=activity addToHashtableActivity2 validation failed property value has invalid value. Field type system.string does not match with the expected type System.Double

3. Hit Publish again

4. Error with this message: error2.JPG

Translation: Error publishing the workflow: A Part of the path "C:\Users\SP_AppPool\AppData\Local\Temp\yki2irh5.tmp" could not be found.

5. I checked the path, the folder did not existed

6. Created the folder with "Temp" as name

7. Hit Publish again

8. Error 1 from 2. occured

9. Checked the path ==> Folder was deleted

When I try to publish another Workflow with existing folder everything is fine.

The log of Error 1 from 2. is attached

Labels: (1)
7 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Error Publishing Nintex Workflow

Jump to solution

I like the native error message "ServerDie". Sounds like a problem.

But I would first be interested in addToHashtableActivity2

Can you find this action it may be referred to, as it did not pass validation. Maybe you have a convert action or some modification of a variable?

When the workflow is published each action’s configuration xml is sent to the server as a batch. For each action the corresponding adapter class’s AddActivityToWorkflow method is invoked. Typically this method will instantiate an instance of the WF Activity it is responsible for, set the activity properties according to the configuration xml and add the activity to the parent workflow object. Once all adapters have been called the resulting workflow object is converted to WF Xoml and associated to a SharePoint list ready for use. So there may be some action that accidentally was stored as bad data or a misconfigured action with wrong data types.

There are several ways to look into this and correct, but some are faster than others. For small workflows I start over with a new workflow, others I delete actions and recreate. Or just dig into logs to find more information.

0 Kudos
kmaj
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi,

if you import a workflow which was created in another environment the xoml could be invalid.

You should search for a update item - action which updates an integer-field.

Maybe the xoml was created for a textfield which is an integer in your environment.

kind regards,

Kai

0 Kudos
hendypratomo
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

If you are trying to update a lookup field, it is expecting a numerical value like Number or List Item ID.

If you are trying to update with a List ID, then that is most like a text string, which is what is causing the problem.

Regards,

Hendy

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey there,

I had this problem recurring to me the whole day and I decided to delete off the workflow completely and imported the drafted one into a new one. It works now.

Not a really practical solution but you might want to try that out? Make sure you've exported all the necessary workflows and forms before just in case.

0 Kudos
jeepr92
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Resolution

Using the Farm Installation account or another account with sufficient permissions, activate all web applications that use Nintex Workflow.

To activate web applications for Nintex Workflow
  1. On the Central Administration Home page, click Nintex Workflow Management.
  2. Click Web Application activation.
    The default web application name is automatically selected.
  3. To activate all web applications for Nintex Workflow, select the check box for All content web applications and then click Activate.
  4. To activate a subset of web applications for Nintex Workflow, select each web application and then click Activate; repeat until all desired web applications have been activated.
0 Kudos
zach_puckett
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

To highlight more concerning the second error:  "soapSmiley FrustratederverServer was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish workflow: Could not find a part of the path"

When SharePoint Designer or Nintex publishes a workflow to SharePoint the Web Application App Pool Account uses its temp folder to hold the files while they are being published to SharePoint. You can see this by navigating to the App Pools Temp Folder on the Web Front End Server you are currently publishing from and publish a workflow. Many files wills how up in this Temp folder and then quickly be deleted during the publishing process. The folder path is C:\Users\<web app pool account>\AppData\Local\Temp.

An issue can occur that causes the actual "Temp" folder to be deleted instead of just the files inside. When this occurs you receive the "Could not find a part of the path" message.

Microsoft has recommended creating a read-only file inside of the Temp folder as a work around to prevent the 'Temp' folder from ever being accidentally deleted during the process.

Here is an article that discusses this work around further: SharePoint Designer 2013: Unexpected Error on server associating the workflow - SharePoint Developer...

Be sure to complete the steps on each Web Front End Server in the farm and also each Web App Pool Accounts Temp Folder on each server.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Zach

View solution in original post

Akos_GreenTie
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I've had the same problem, and it turned out the cause was a badly configured Update item action.

Instead of Workflow Data - variable name, somehow the workflow was saved as Value - {WorkflowData:VariableName}.

0 Kudos