Show/Hide panel based on dropdown menu

• 11 November 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Goodmorning all,

I have a list with a column (choices via dropdown menu, 4 choices (Please Select a value/Permanent/Consultant/Contractor)

Created a form, inserted the column and also a panel.

What I would like do is once Permanent has been selected from the dropdown menu it shows the panel.

Created a rule and tried the following rules but none of them are working (also check the community but still not able to make this work)

NameOfTheChoiceColumn != "Permanent", hide checkbox selected

NameOfTheChoiceColumn != 'Permanent', hide checkbox selected

Anyone any idea what I am doing wrong....

Thanks in advance!

7 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

That's what I thought it would do too!
Still not working at all, I am not using numbers but that shouldn't be an issue....

Badge +7

Try to put  a calculated value field to your form, with Formula = [NameOfTheChoiceColumn]

You will see what your dropdown really save as value.

If you dropdown is filled by a list lookup, the value should be somehing like "3;#Permanent" instead of just "Permanent".

Badge +2

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the tip!

Just inserted the calculated value and its showing the value that I select via the dropdown menu - Permanent - see screenshot2015-11-11_14-30-53.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

in the formatting rule, are you sure you're using the Named Control and not the Item Property one? The Named Control has the current value of the form field, the Item Property has the value the field had when the form has been loaded.

Giacomo

Badge +7

Try to define your rule like :

=not(equals(Test,"Option 2"))

instead of

Test!="Option 2"

Badge +7

Another tip : look at your other rules...if one is badly written, you won't have any error message, but the other rules  will not behave correctly.

Ex : if you have a rule with wrong syntax like Test!="Option 2 (forgottent quote at the end)

Badge +2

Thanks Thomas for the tip for lookup drop down values in the nintex formhappy.png