Solved

Management security: category has disappeared after a mistake

• 17 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

On the Management interface, while changing rights on a category, have done a mistake: I have trashed my user (with security rights) instead of another (with no security rigths). Now, my category has disappeared from the categories list... 

How can I rediscovery my lost category? (I am an admin)

icon

Best answer by lkimberly 19 March 2020, 09:10

View original

5 replies

Hi there  @obaudouin 

I am not 100% sure if i understand your problem. 

But i think to rediscover the category you will have to remove authorization in that Category Folder.

steps to achieve that:

1. Select a category folder from the Categories node

2. Select a required user, group or role from the Security section and click Remove.

You can also have a look at the attachment.

If you have time you may also go through the following links:

Categories

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/current/default.htm#K2-Management-Site/Catagories/Categories.htm#Category_Authorization

Authorization Framework

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/current/default.htm#K2-Management-Site/Catagories/Categories.htm#Category_Authorization

Understanding Users in different role and rights on objects

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/current/default.htm#AuthorizationFramework/Scenario3-Understanding-users-in-different-roles.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdminister%7CK2%2520Management%7CCategories%7CAuthorization%7C_____4

Regards

Huli

Hello,

Thank for your answer, but I have lost a Category after removing my User (with security rights) from the Category security tab. After this mistake, the Category has disappeared... I want that my Category reappear.

Hi,
Please check if it is possible to have access of Service Account or you can request someone with Service Account access to add your user in the Category List in K2 Management from where you are accidentally removed.

obaudouin,

May I confirm if you mean that you are unable to see the category folder ? Which user are using to access ?

Kindly try to use a K2 Service account or admin account so you can add back the rights for the user.

You may also attach a screenshot here of the issue so we can have a better look at the information 

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such
using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,
Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi  @obaudouin ,

Another suggestion is to check who is currently part of the Security Administrators role.

Members of the Security Administrators role can grant rights to any object in the system and you have security rights to individual objects.

1. Open the SmartObject Service Tester

2. Go to Categories > System > Management > Users > SmartObjects

3. Execute the following:

SmartObject Name = UMUser
Method = Get Role Users
Role Name = Security Administrators

Access K2 Management with the User from the results returned, locate the Category in question and assign the appropriate rights/permissions to your account.

Regards,

Kimberly 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.