Capture User who actioned task

• 11 March 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I would like to know how i would go about  capturing the AD FQN of a User who has actioned a InfoPath Client Event within my process so that the User who actioned the event then can be used  later within the process in a Email Event.

Any suggestions  would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Yannick

3 replies

Badge +5

I've done this a couple of different ways. Maybe one of them will work for you.

1. In the form itself, capture the user who is viewing the form, and save it to a field that can be read by the workflow. I believe this can be accomplished with rules now, but I used code.

2. After the form event (I actually have it as the first event in the next activity) I use the K2 Workflow Reporting SmartObject (Activity Instance Destination.List). Pass in the Folio, the (previous) Activity Name, and the Final Action ('Approve' in my case). You'll receive a Destination back that can be saved to a workflow variable.

Hope that helps,

Danny

Badge +8

We also use the Activity Instance Destination SmartObject to accomplish this.  I would advise against capturing this in a process data field because 1) you are duplicating data, and 2) more data fields in a K2 process tends to slow it down.

Some more info about the Activity Instance Destination (AID) SO: All you really need to know is the process instance ID and the name of the activity in which you are interested.  It is important to note that if your activity is assigned to a K2 role or other group of users, you will get multiple AID SmartObject results after an activity is completed.  There will be an AID record for the group (this will have a status of "Expired" after the task is actioned), then another record for the member of the group who actually actioned the task (this will have a status of the action taken by the user).

Badge +6

Thanks guys, I will try out your suggestions.

Once again thanks.

Regards,

Yannick